SOMEWHERE seeks a DISTRIBUTION PRODUCER
for their award-winning feature documentary THE CLOSER WE
Deadline for Applications 09:00 Monday August
Part-time, free-lance paid role starting in August 2015 for
circa 10 months*.
We are looking for a highly-organised and self-motivated individual
with engaging verbal and written communication skills to help our
small non-profit company maximise the impact of this award-winning
film. You will be good at making fresh and appealing approaches to
diverse people, organisations and companies who may screen the film
or support its distribution. We will want you to work to
You can be based anywhere within the UK but periodic meetings in
London will require your attendance.
Managing the UK theatrical distribution of The Closer We
·· Scheduling cinema release dates with
independent cinemas around the UK.
· Negotiating ticket splits and minimum guarantee fees with each
· Managing and coordinating print transport and press
· Researching and booking special guests for Q&A
· Keeping track of sales reports and invoicing individual
Arranging community and film festival screenings:
· Checking and answering emails about screenings.
· Negotiating fees, sending print materials and invoicing for
· Liaising with the director and producer to book and manage Q
& A appearances.
· Updating invoice and account Excel spreadsheets.
· Identifying further screening opportunities and submitting
Approaching new organisations and managing existing
· Building and maintaining relationships with
existing partner organisations.
· Identifying possible groups who might screen the film or
· Contacting or liaising with groups about screenings or partner
activities and ensuring they run smoothly.
Social Media / Website:
· Contributing to and monitoring the film’s website
and social media accounts.
DVD / DoD:
· Manage the production, independent release and
distribution of the UK DVD & DoD edition of the film.
· Collating audience-related data, feedback and
statistics and contributing to funder reports.
Fee: £7000 - £10,000 depending on experience.
Some expenses available. *NB This post is contingent on pending
funding applications, outcomes of which should be known by
Queries / To Apply:
Email your CV and a max. 2 x A4 letter of application outlining
your relevant experience and aptitude for the role to
firstname.lastname@example.org by 09.00 on Monday Aug.
Shortlisted applicants will be notified by 17.00
Wednesday Aug. 5th and interviews will take place by
Friday Aug. 14th (either via Skype or in person in